The Hellenic Capital Market Commission and the Bank of Greece would like to announce that the exam questions for professional certification under the Joint Decision of the Bank of Greece’s Executive Committee and of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission (Government Gazette B 1925/30.05.2018, in Greek), as currently in force, in the following exam sections:
• Legal Framework of the Capital Market for certificates a1-d (in Greek),
• Special Capital Market Issues a1(in Greek) and
• Special Capital Market Issues a2 (in Greek)
will henceforth be selected from a Question Bank.
To this end, the Board of Examiners referred to in article 93 of Law 4514/2018 (Government Gazette A 14/30.01.2018 – in Greek), has prepared a pool of questions drawn from the syllabus specified in the Joint Decision of the Bank of Greece’s Executive Committee and of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Capital Market Commission of 6 March 2018 (Government Gazette B 931/16.03.2018 – in Greek), as currently in force.
The question and answer files will be posted on the websites of the two authorities.
According to the Board of Examiners:
1. Within each section of the Question Bank, all questions are of equal weight.
2. Each section is assigned a weight based on its percentage share in the total number of questions in the pool. This percentage will determine the number of questions from that section to be included in the actual set of questions.
3. The actual set of questions for each exam session will be selected using an IT application to randomize both the selection of questions and the order of the correct answer among the listed answers.
4. To pass the exam, candidates must provide correct answers to at least:
- 28 out of 40 questions (70%) for the Legal Framework of the Capital Market for certificates a1-d and the Special Capital Market Issues a1,
- 24 out of 40 questions (60%) for the Special Capital Market Issues a2.
5. The number, type and percentage of questions to be drawn from each section will be adjusted to ensure, at all times, consistency with the syllabus, as updated from time to time by Joint Decision of the two authorities.
The above process will be subject to periodic review and adjustment, whenever and as necessary, and will be extended in scope to gradually include examinations for all types of certificates. Interested parties will be informed of any change via the websites of both authorities.