The Statistics Department collects, compiles and publishes data on:
- money and credit;
- Greece’s balance of payments and international investment position;
- national financial accounts; and
- loan-by-loan credit data.
The purpose of Bank of Greece statistics is to provide reliable information to the general public and researchers in Greece and abroad, to fulfill the reporting requirements of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) and other EU and international organisations, and to meet the Bank's statistical needs.
The production of statistics at the Bank of Greece conforms to the highest standards, in line with the Public Commitment on European Statistics by the ESCB.
The Statistics Department comprises the following sections:
- External Accounts Compilation Section
- Microeconomic Data and Surveys Section
- Credit Risk Assessment of Corporations Section
- Banking and Insurance Statistics Section
- Non-Financial Corporations Balance - Sheet Data Collection and Analysis Section
- External Sector Data Collection Section
- Financial Accounts and Money and Capital Markets Statistics Section