Information on the procedure of notification concerning significant changes in the holding of voting rights attached to shares by persons subject to the notification obligation according to Law 3556/2007
30/10/2007 - Announcements
The Bank of Greece, in the context of providing information to investors in general and to its shareholders in particular relating to the notification obligation and the announcement procedures (laid down in Law 3356/2007, as well as in the pertinent decision No. 1/434/3 July 2007 and circular No. 33/3 July 2007 of the Capital Markets Commission) in the event of:
(a) acquisition or disposal of major holdings, and
(b) acquisition or disposal or exercise of major voting right proportions,
announces the following:
Shareholders who acquire or dispose of shares of an issuer whose shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market and to which voting rights are attached (article 9 of Law 3556/2007), as well as any person entitled to acquire, dispose of or exercise major proportions of voting rights (article 10 of Law 3556/2007), in the sense of article 9, paras 1 and 4, of Law 3556/2007, i.e. where these proportions reach, exceed or fall below the thresholds of 5%, 10%, 15%, 20% , 25%, 1/3, 50% and 2/3 of the aggregate voting rights of the issuer or any person which holds more than 10% of the issuer's aggregate voting rights and the change in the latter proportion is equal to or greater than 3% of the issuer's aggregate voting rights shall notify both the issuer and the Capital Markets Commission as soon as possible and, in any event, within 3 trading days of the date when the relevant notification obligation was created (articles 14 (2) and 19 (4) of Law 3556/2007 and Chapter 1.4 of circular No. 33/3 July 2007 of the Capital Markets Commission).
For the purpose of calculating the above thresholds, it should be noted that the share capital of the Bank of Greece amounts to €88,994,690.40 and is divided into 15,891,909 common registered shares to which voting rights are attached, with a nominal value of €5.60 each.
The persons subject to the notification obligation shall simultaneously notify the issuer and the Capital Markets Commission by filling in, signing and submitting the special notification form available from the Capital Markets Commission's website, www.cmc.gov.gr. The persons subject to the notification obligation shall also fill in the annex accompanying the form by stating their particulars and the name of their father and shall submit it only to the Capital Markets Commission.
The notification form, properly filled in and duly signed, shall be submitted to:
1. The Bank of Greece (issuer), Administration Department, Secretariat Section, Shares Service, 21 El. Venizelou Street, 102 50 Athens, during business days and hours, and shall bear the indication "notification of significant changes in voting rights according to Law 3556/2007". The form may also be submitted by fax to 210-3202844, in which case it shall be accompanied by a cover page comprising the identity of the sender, contact telephone numbers, the number of pages and the sender's signature.
2. The central register of the Capital Markets Commission, 1 Kolokotroni and Stadiou Streets, 105 62 Athens, addressed to the Department of Public Offerings and Supervision of Listed Companies, Section of Supervision and Monitoring of Listed Companies, and bearing the indication "notification of significant changes in voting rights according to Law 3556/2007". The form may also be submitted by fax to 210-3377243, in which case it shall be accompanied by a cover page comprising the identity of the sender, contact telephone numbers, the number of pages and the sender's signature. Finally, the sender shall see to the effective dispatch of the documents and the receipt thereof by the relevant register service.
A notification is considered to be duly signed when it bears the signature of the person subject to the notification obligation or another person duly authorised thereby. If such a person is a legal entity, the notification shall be signed by its legal representative. In any event, the notification to the Capital Markets Commission shall be accompanied by the relevant documentation, which shall be considered valid until it is revoked.
The following points are made in relation to the above:
● For more detailed information, see Law 3556/2007, as well as decision No. 1/434/3 July 2007 and circular No. 33/3 July 2007 of the Capital Markets Commission in the latter's website, www.cmc.gov.gr.
● Following the change in the method of announcement of significant changes in holdings, brought about by the implementation of Law 3556/2007 and the subsequent abrogation of Presidential Decree 51/1992, no fees are payable to the Capital Markets Commission.
● The Capital Markets Commission is the competent authority for supervising notification obligations.
For any information or clarification, you may contact the Shares Service of the Bank of Greece at 210-3202064, 210-3202051 or fax 210-3202844.