The General Council comprises the Governor, the two Deputy Governors, the other (three) members of the Monetary Policy Council and six Councillors.
Entrusted with the general management of the affairs of the Bank, it is responsible to the General Meeting of Shareholders. The General Council within the limits of the Statute makes decisions and exercises powers not specifically reserved to the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Monetary Policy Council, the Executive Committee or, as provided for in the last sentence of Article 31, to the Governor.
The members of the General Council are:
- Yannis Stournaras Governor,
- Theodore Pelagidis Deputy Governor,
- Christina Papaconstantinou Deputy Governor,
- Olga P. Charitou Member,
- Christos D. Hadjiemmanuil Member,
- Georgios I. Karanikas Member,
- Theodosios S. Panaikas Member,
- Ioannis A. Retsos Member,
- Athanasios I. Savvakis Member,
- Dimitrios A. Sideris Member,
- Nikolaos Ι. Skorinis* Member,
- Spyridon I. Theodoropoulos Member.
Attending Ioulia G. Armagou, General Commissioner of the State.
Articles 20-27 of the Statute
* The term of office of Mr Nikolaos Skorinis expired in April 2021. The 88th Annual Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, held on 6 April 2021, elected Mr Georgios Kavvathas and Mr Theodosios Panaikas as General Council Members. Τhe relevant announcement is available here.