Environmental protection is a key pillar of the Bank’s social responsibility.
With a view to protecting the environment, the Bank of Greece has incorporated into its operations various practices relating to:
- the rational use of resources (energy saving and conservation of natural resources);
- waste management (waste reduction, efficient management systems, recycling of used materials/consumables, etc.);
- sustainable/green procurement (environment-friendly goods and services).
Banknote Printing Works (ΙΕΤΑ)
- IETA strictly adheres to European and national environmental legislation, encourages the reuse of materials and recycles or recovers most of the waste it generates.
- Its environmental policy is implemented through an Environmental Management System that meets the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.