Online event: “The Bank of Greece listens”
02/02/2021 - Press Releases
- On Wednesday, 10 February 2021, the Bank of Greece will be hosting and webcasting live an online event entitled “The Bank of Greece listens”.
- Representatives of social partners and civil society will be invited to contribute their views on the Eurosystem’s monetary policy strategy.
In the context of the monetary policy strategy review of the European Central Bank (ECB) and of the Eurosystem, the Bank of Greece will be hosting a virtual listening event entitled “The Bank of Greece listens”, on Wednesday, 10 February 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
The event will be hosted via a dedicated videoconferencing platform and webcast live on the Bank of Greece website.
The event is open to representatives of social partners and civil society (workers, employers, farmers, environmental organisations, the National Confederation of Disabled Persons, gender equality organisations, etc.). Participants will be invited to contribute their views and engage in a constructive dialogue in four thematic areas, centred on the following questions:
1. What does price stability mean for you?
2. What are your economic expectations and concerns?
3. What other topics matter to you?
4. How can we best communicate with you?
Governor Mr Yannis Stournaras will address the event, and Bank of Greece experts will introduce the topics. The debate will be moderated by journalist Nikos Filippidis.
Following the event, a summary report will be prepared by the Bank of Greece and will become publicly available. The information gathered from the event will feed into the ECB Governing Council’s deliberations on the monetary strategy review.
-ECB Strategy Review webpage