Information for customers interested in selling gold coins to the Bank of Greece
For all transactions, regardless of the amount, interested parties will be required to produce: (a) a valid identification card or passport and (b) an original public document (i.e. a “Notice of Tax Due” from a Tax Office –D.O.Y.) or recent utility bill stating their Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Transactions up to €10,000 shall be executed at the buying prices quoted in the Price bulletin for gold and gold coins issued by the Bank of Greece and posted on its website. Each price bulletin shall remain in effect until a newer one is issued.
- For transactions exceeding €10,000, the price shall be determined on the basis of the current market price of gold at the time of the transaction. Payment shall be credited to an account in the name of the customer, who will be required to provide full bank account details, including IBAN.
- For sales exceeding €15,000, whether carried out in one transaction or in a series of transactions by one same customer, the following shall also be required (in cases where the customer is a natural person):
- The latest “Notice of Tax Due” received by the customer from a Tax Office (D.O.Y.).
- Proof of current residence (recent utility bill or valid lease agreement certified by a Tax Office – D.O.Y.).
- Proof of current employment and business address (any one of the following: letter from current employer, latest pay slip, professional ID card or document from a social security fund).
- A valid residence permit (for non-EU citizens).
- A valid phone number.
Only originals of the required documents will be accepted, in compliance with the legal framework for the prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing.